Alpha freeze refresh on Tuesday?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Jan 23 00:48:55 UTC 2009

So we're actually in a better place for alpha than I thought we'd be.
Installer, which we care most about for Alpha, is in a good place and
working well, for the most part.  There are a couple lingering issues,
some with work arounds, some without (ppc) but if we wanted to, we could
take the current frozen content and produce the bits for Alpha.  Only
our release date is a week from Tuesday, which would put Alpha a bit
long in the tooth.

Since we've got installer where we want it, and rawhide itself isn't too
terrible (minus the sqlite issue today), I'm considering a refresh of
the alpha tag on Tuesday and making the Alpha from that content.  This
of course depends on rawhide not destroying itself in the next few days,
but we can make a judgment call on Tuesday for that.

Thoughts?
--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!