Re: Draft: simple update description guidelines

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

Don't we have way to many guidelines and policies already?

This is a very minor addition to an existing set of guidelines. I think, it is quite helpful to new maintainers to document better what it expected. It is pretty much a FAQ on #fedora-devel for a while.

Note that I don't disagree with the text that was proposed. My 2 cent: Put it as text into the wiki somewhere, write "best practices" ontop of it (avoid the words "rules" and "guidlines") and add a link to the bodhi ui ("best practices for filing this box with information").

This would just be a guideline under a different name. Isn't it? What's the advantage?

Rahul