Draft: simple update description guidelines

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Jan 28 22:15:20 UTC 2009

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Bodhi itself, however, floods those bugzilla tickets with
> comments. The most confusing comment is the one that notifies about
> "submitted" (= pending) updates, which are only available within
> koji. If we talk about "real users", this is the first comment
> that ought to be killed, since users are confused a lot by
> updates, which are not available.

I disagree. It claims nowhere that those updates have been pushed, and for
me it is good to know that a fix has been queued. Maybe the wording could
be changed to be clearer to the new users? I.e. instead of just:
foo-1.2.3-1.fc10 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 10.
it could say something on the lines of:
foo-1.2.3-1.fc10 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 10 and will be
available for testing shortly. A followup will be posted once the update is
available on the mirrors. Note that it may take up to a few days for
updates to become available.

        Kevin Kofler