Re: Scrubbing boot.iso from CD1 and DVD

Jesse Keating wrote:
I've committed code to pungi that will prevent boot.iso from being on
CD1 and the DVD.  I've had various discussions with folks about this in
the past, and given that boot.iso is 122M on x86_64 that's a lot of
packages we could have instead.  In the past, boot.iso was much smaller
and it wasn't a big cost, things have changed.

If anybody has a really good reason for why we should continue to put
boot.iso on the media, speak now.

Have we relaxed the checks that make the installer bail out if your boot.iso doesn't precisely match what's in your repo? If not, decoupling them in the downloads will create a lot of pain for a lot of people.

-- Chris