Draft: simple update description guidelines

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Jan 29 09:00:26 UTC 2009

Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-01-28 at 19:00 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>>  No, because they won't cherry-pick updates anyway. They expect the
>> package maintainers (== the distribution vendor) to offer updates
>> that just work.
>
> You ever watched a user using Fedora on a 56k dial up connection?

Well, living one of the "white spots in Germany's DSL map", I have been
using Fedora via ISDN (and later over 356k DSL) for quite some time.

The resort on updates had been to manually run updates at carefully
chosen times, to share yum-caches inside of my local network and to
exclude certain packages (e.g. openoffice) from updates.

Ralf