Package Review Stats for the week ending January 18th, 2009

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 29 14:54:18 UTC 2009

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> I'm not actively seeking giving away my packages.  I'm fine with them as long
> as they don't demand too much time from me.  But I'll just hand them off as
> soon as a Fedora contributor shows up and wants to make non-trivial changes in
> them.  That's for example how I handed some of my font packages to Nicolas, or
> my entire ogg vorbis stack to Hans.  The point being: I am no the bottleneck /
> problem / ... with these packages.

One of the rule of thumb was that if you are going to be maintaining the
package in RHEL, it is better for you to be involved in the Fedora side
as well for continuity. Otherwise, you would end up inheriting a bunch
of spec files (and patches) without a complete understanding on the
history behind them which makes it difficult to work on them, later on.
Something to consider.

Rahul