TeXlive 2008 in Fedora 11?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri Jan 30 06:52:36 UTC 2009

Le jeudi 29 janvier 2009 à 23:59 +0000, Jonathan Underwood a écrit :
> 2009/1/29 Orcan Ogetbil <oget.fedora at gmail.com>:
> > Wow... Thinking about removing TeX from Fedora? I can't imagine how
> > many people will leave Fedora in the first minute with no hesitation.
>
> Noone's suggested that (in any seriousness)... this is about moving
> beyond texlive 2007 which is presently in Fedora.

Though eventually it will come to that if there is no resolution of TEX
problems. We can't carry for years in multiple releases packages with
known problems just because they were not identified before and now
there is a lack of people working to solve them. TEX users need to worry
about keeping our TEX packaging into shape IMHO, they should not rely on
inertia forever.

--
Nicolas Mailhot