Features/ArchitectureSupport - changing what we build for

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Jan 31 16:06:50 UTC 2009

I wrote:
> But our live images are already heavily size-constrained. There's
> definitely no room for multiple kernels on the KDE live image, and I don't
> think the GNOME image has any room left either.

And I'll add to this that I think the real solution is to make the x86_64
image the default download and the 32-bit image a separate link (maybe
marketed primarily for netbooks). Most computers these days are 64-bit
capable. (Almost all the new non-netbook computers are.) Running 32-bit
userspace on a 64-bit kernel is just a kludge, we should be promoting pure
64-bit instead.

        Kevin Kofler