Fedora 11 / EPEL 5 MD5 Issue

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Thu Jul 16 17:16:09 UTC 2009

On Thursday 16 July 2009 12:07:42 pm Doug Warner wrote:
> On 07/16/2009 12:42 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > On Thursday 16 July 2009 09:51:32 am Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) wrote:
> >> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 16:32, Rick L. Vinyard,
> >> Jr.<rvinyard at cs.nmsu.edu>

> >> I did the following two days ago (all on a F11 host) :
> >> - rebuild the F11 srpm in a F10 mock chroot
> >> - rebuild the F10 srpm in a EL5 mock chroot
> >>
> >> F11 and F10 rpm versions are compatible, and so are F10 and EL5.
> >>
> >> Totally suboptimal, but it works, and I didn't have time to search
> >> more thoroughly for a better solution :)
> >
> > just for this type of thing i added a new script to fedora-packager
> > rpmbuild- md5  it creates rpms/srpms with the old style hashes.  its a
> > simple bash script that is a wrapper around rpmbuild with the defines for
> > old style hashes. the fedora-packager with it is in updates-testing.
>
> Would it be possible to update the mock configs with these settings as
> well?
>
> -Doug
It is nothing to do with what is in the mock configs.  the issue is that if you
create a srpm on F-11 or rawhide then it uses internal hashing that is not
understood by anything previous.  F-10 uses md5 but understands the new style
also.

inside the mock chroot they use what is the default for that release.

Dennis