Proposal to Drop Fedora 12 Features

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Fri Jul 17 21:02:53 UTC 2009

Bill Nottingham (notting at redhat.com) said:
> > A possibly stupid question:
> >
> > The above page states that the flags will be
> >  "-march=i686 -mtune=atom"
> > on i386, but a build I just did in rawhide has
> >  "-march=i686 -mtune=generic"
> > so -march has changed but -mtune hasn't?
>
> What version of redhat-rpm-config was in the buildroot? (You should
> be able to pull this from one of the log files.)

Actually, looking myself:

DEBUG util.py:256:   redhat-rpm-config        noarch    9.0.3-9.fc12 build     56 k

So, your build started before the buildroot had been regenerated with
the new redhat-rpm-config package.

Later builds such as
http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/libev/3.70/2.fc12/data/logs/i686/build.log)
pull in the new redhat-rpm-config, and get the flags set.

(And no, I wouldn't worry about a rebuild just for that.)

Bill