RFE: FireKit

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Fri Jul 24 19:40:06 UTC 2009

On 07/23/2009 06:17 PM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> I have to ask... when are we going to see Linux allow network access
> based on the checksum of the process that wants to use it? After all,
> 'doze has  had this ability for years. (Maybe SELinux can provide this
> already?)

Is this a checksum of the binary that got launched?  Make sure prelink
can update whatever database of checksums is being kept.  And that
prelink isn't exploitable. :)

This can't be a default on MSW, right?  My spam filter's pain would seem
to deny that possibility.

-Bill

http://www.bfccomputing.com/    Cell: 603.252.2606
Twitter, etc.: bill_mcgonigle   Page: 603.442.1833
Email, IM, VOIP: bill at bfccomputing.com
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/