fedora 11 worst then ever release

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Sun Jul 26 11:55:03 UTC 2009

oleksandr korneta wrote:
> on 07/25/2009 11:46 AM Chuck Anderson wrote:
> > I don't even upgrade anymore.  I just keep two partitions (Logical
> > Volumes actually)--one for Fedora N and one for Fedora N+1.
>
> interesting idea. Do you keep the same home for both?

I have two root partitions and two /boot partitions so that I can keep Fedora
n as a fallback until I see that Fedora n+1 (or sometimes n+2) is working
acceptably. I have a separate /home partition so I can keep it when I
reinstall or upgrade, but I've found that logging in to Fedora n after having
run Fedora n+1 with the same /home can be dangerous. I completely trashed my
Kmail configuration that way. Since then I'm more careful and test Fedora n+1
before I move the /home partition over.

Björn Persson