Brainstorming Session for Fedora Community 2.0 - Monday August 3, 2009 - 1500 UTC

Ben Boeckel MathStuf at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 19:56:32 UTC 2009

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:

> On 07/29/2009 11:12 AM, Thomas Janssen wrote:
>> 2009/7/29 Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com>:
>>> The link https://admin.fedoraproject.org/community doesn't
seem to work with
>>> konqueror. Just says 'loading' and nothing happens.  Works
in firefox.

>> Confirmed with Konqueror 4.2.98
>
> Hmm. How to put this nicely...
>
> Konqueror is a terrible web browser. Use something else.
>
> If you want a more detailed answer, it is that konqueror
doesn't
> properly support javascript, specifically, jquery.
>
> See:
> http://dev.jquery.com/ticket/4362
> http://dev.jquery.com/ticket/4725
> http://docs.jquery.com/Browser_Compatibility
>
> ~spot

Actually, the only things that the jQuery test page[1] says that
Konqueror (4.2.4) is failing at are:

31. core module: append(String|Element|Array<Element>|jQuery)
    7. Check for appending text with spaces
137. ajax module: jQuery.post(String, Hash, Function) - simple
with xml
    3. Expected 4 assertions, but 2 were run
197. fx module: Chain hide show
    5. Make sure that overflow is reset (Old: visible Cur:
hidden) expected: hidden actual: visible
198. fx module: Chain show hide
    5. Make sure that overflow is reset (Old: visible Cur:
hidden) expected: hidden actual: visible
199. fx module: Chain toggle in
    5. Make sure that overflow is reset (Old: visible Cur:
hidden) expected: hidden actual: visible
200. fx module: Chain toggle out
    5. Make sure that overflow is reset (Old: visible Cur:
hidden) expected: hidden actual: visible
201. fx module: Chain slideUp slideDown
    5. Make sure that overflow is reset (Old: visible Cur:
hidden) expected: hidden actual: visible
202. fx module: Chain slideDown slideUp
    5. Make sure that overflow is reset (Old: visible Cur:
hidden) expected: hidden actual: visible
203. fx module: Chain slideToggle in
    5. Make sure that overflow is reset (Old: visible Cur:
hidden) expected: hidden actual: visible
204. fx module: Chain slideToggle out
    5. Make sure that overflow is reset (Old: visible Cur:
hidden) expected: hidden actual: visible

The first two seem like bugs (137 looks fixed as of 4.2.98), the
last bunch like not-implemented-yet. I assume the Chain stuff is
used to load/show the panels and such in the work area (pardon
the ignorance of any official jargon). So once the Chain stuff
is implemented, I imagine Konq should work (unless there are
things that the test page doesn't test for).

- --Ben

[1] http://jquery.com/test