new to list, first post

Doug Epling wdepli at mikrotec.com
Thu Jul 30 23:43:48 UTC 2009

Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 30/07/09 15:30, wdepli at mikrotec.com wrote:
>> I am new to this list, and I am looking forward to hearing the
>> discussion.
>
> --snip--
>
>> Is Fedora really gaining that much ground with every bi-yearly
>> release to
>> justify that pace?
>
> There is talk, just talk at the moment, for and ELC:
> Wiki: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Extended_Life_Cycle
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2009-July/msg00253.html
>

>> After all Red Hat is not a desktop but a server,
> As stated, Fedora is not Red Hat.

Thanks for the links.

It is apparent from reading all these great howdy-dos to my post, that
there is a great difference of opinion on exactly what Fedora is.

As I said, it will be interesting to see what goes on here.  I got 86
emails today.  What I am hearing is some serious dogmatism and a tone
that is angrily defensive over assumptions that simply are not true.

I think this list is very likely a zoo, but I will keep an open mind.