Why not to create Fedora-us and Fedora-non-us branches?

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Mon Jun 1 10:04:02 UTC 2009

On Sun, 31 May 2009, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> I don't see it recorded in
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Trademark_licensees
>
> It doesn't fit the trademark guidelines either. While Red Hat can
> legally grant a license to anyone and doesn't have to abide by the
> guidelines, I would expect it to do so nevertheless. So why a special
> exception for "Russian Fedora"?

There shouldn't be a special case, and it's possible that Red Hat's
distributor in Russia may have granted some sort of permision that (a)
it shouldn't have, and (b) it didn't even have the authority to grant.

The Russian-specific portions of this thread seem to have moved over
here, where I responded to a similar thread.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ambassadors-list/2009-June/msg00000.html

--Max