F11: install freezes on Thinkpad

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Sun Jun 7 15:02:39 UTC 2009

Hi,

I just did an F11 (final images) install on a ThinkPad T61p, where
F9 and F10 were installing fine.

Last time I looked the progress bar was at about 75%.  When I looked
10 minutes later, the screen was black, the system was still on, but
I could only do a hard reset and the install was not completed (at
least my /boot partition did not contain the bootloader as requested).

It was not a power issue or so (system was not running on battery).

Any suggestions?

I still have the partly installed partitions (systems also contains
a working F9 and F10).

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>