Too eager?

Jon Ciesla limb at jcomserv.net
Tue Jun 9 19:55:42 UTC 2009

Jon Ciesla wrote:
> James Antill wrote:

>>> That's my error, but that doesn't help.  yum-3.2.21-2.fc10.noarch.
>>>

>>  Easiest thing to do is probably just get the yum from Fed-10
>> updates-testing, which is 3.2.23 and understands metalink and metalink
>> as mirrorlist.
>>

> Success!  I trust this will be pushed to F-10 stable with a quickness?
>
> Thanks all,
>
> -J

Of course, now we have dependency problems, that --skip-broken won't
touch. . .

Error: Missing Dependency: libcrypto.so.7 is needed by package
nx-3.3.0-33.fc10.i386 (installed)
Error: Missing Dependency: libcrypto.so.7 is needed by package
ntp-4.2.4p7-1.fc10.i386 (installed)
Error: Missing Dependency: python(abi) = 2.5 is needed by package
yum-3.2.23-3.fc10.noarch (installed)

Normally I'd remove the offending packages, but I sorta need yum. . .and
openssl. . .

Any suggestions?

--
in your fear, speak only peace