Too eager?

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 9 21:42:38 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-09 at 14:55 -0500, Jon Ciesla wrote:
> Jon Ciesla wrote:
> > James Antill wrote:

> >>  Easiest thing to do is probably just get the yum from Fed-10
> >> updates-testing, which is 3.2.23 and understands metalink and metalink
> >> as mirrorlist.
> >>

> > Success!  I trust this will be pushed to F-10 stable with a quickness?
> >
> > Thanks all,
> >
> > -J
> >
> Of course, now we have dependency problems, that --skip-broken won't
> touch. . .
>
> Error: Missing Dependency: libcrypto.so.7 is needed by package
> nx-3.3.0-33.fc10.i386 (installed)
> Error: Missing Dependency: libcrypto.so.7 is needed by package
> ntp-4.2.4p7-1.fc10.i386 (installed)
> Error: Missing Dependency: python(abi) = 2.5 is needed by package
> yum-3.2.23-3.fc10.noarch (installed)
>
> Normally I'd remove the offending packages, but I sorta need yum. . .and
> openssl. . .
>
> Any suggestions?

 The yum in Fed-11 updates-testing is yum-3.2.23-3.fc11.noarch.rpm,
which is newer than the one in Fed-10 updates-testing. Given you are
trying to update via. yum, just enabling updates-testing should be the
most fun :). Or you can always just download the above yum, and use yum
shell to update everything else and yum via. the local file.

 Or there is always preupgrade, which is the suppor^W less fun way to do
it :).

--
James Antill <james at fedoraproject.org>
Fedora