Fedora PPC console=? to get serial console

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Jun 11 14:38:17 UTC 2009

(Posting here because the fedora-ppc list is a bit overrun with spam
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/fedora-ppc/ )

Does anyone know what 'console=...' parameter I should give the Fedora
PPC kernel to get it to use a serial console?

Debian uses the non-standard form console=ttyPZ0

I've also seen console=hvc0 mentioned.  Obviously I also tried
console=ttyS0.

None of the above seem to work ...

I'm using qemu-system-ppc, not a real machine.

Rich.

Fedora now supports 75 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)