What I HATE about F11

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 18:34:50 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 1:05 PM, Paul Wouters<paul at xelerance.com> wrote:
> That said, I agree the wheel group should be enabled with sudo, though
> I disagree that the initial install user should be automatically added
> to it.

Should sudo be treated in this case any differently than su? I think
wheel should be either enabled by default in both or in neither. I'm
happy with the status quo, in both cases the admin is required to
remove one comment from the appropriate configuration file to enable
it. I am strongly against the first user automatically being in the
wheel group but if it were a checkbox that seems ok.

Actually, I am strongly against the way Fedora forces the creation of
the first user without allowing the admin to set the uid/gid of the
user. That is a different annoying issue.

John