Changing the default 32-bit x86 arch for Fedora 12

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 18:08:49 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 9:58 AM, Bill Nottingham<notting at redhat.com> wrote:
> While I understand you may have a lot of older hardware, the point of a
> *seconday* architecture is that it's not the primary architecture target.
> Even if we didn't split off older CPUs, we're still primarily targeting
> newer machines.

Most worrisome would be the dropping of the OLPC 1.0 hardware.. as its
relatively "new" in terms of a physical device available for purchase
(via the 2007 and 2008 G1G1 campaigns )   If you could hang a concise
and consistent definition on  how old hardware needs to be in order to
be considered legacy I'd feel more comfortable discussing things in
terms of "newest".

-jef