packaging web applications, SELinux

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Jun 16 15:46:00 UTC 2009

On 16/06/09 16:34, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> Is there any pointer to best practices for packing a web application
> that provides static content, cgi scripts, integrates with Apache
> configuration, and works with SELinux?  How should I package the
> SELinux policy needed to make this work?
>
> The Packaging Guidelines mention Web Applications, but not how to make
> them work with SELinux:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Web_Applications

Do you already have the policy for your webapp written?

If so, you can proceed according to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux_Policy_Modules_Packaging_Draft
but better still would be to post your policy on fedora-selinux-list for
comment and get it merged into the main Fedora policy and upstream.

Paul.