Announcing LXDE Fedora Remix 11

TK009 john.brown009 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 20:59:59 UTC 2009

On 06/18/2009 03:08 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> (@all: See fedora-list for previous postings.)
>
> Am Donnerstag, den 18.06.2009, 11:17 +0530 schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
>
>> I had already did a remix based on LXDE a release before and I had the
>> kickstart and a working image a while earlier. The survey was done on
>> this list just to gauge interest in it before releasing it. I did try
>> and convey this to you and Kevin.
>
> You never tried to convey anything to me. Back in Februar I asked for
> your ks and you said you wanted to post it to fedora-devel. This never
> happened.
>
>>  Maybe we had a communication
>> breakdown. In that case, accept my apologies.
>
> I doubt we only had a communication failure because you did it before
> with the Xfce ks and now you did it again with LXDE. This is a social
> issue.
>
> I find it despicable from you to take the work others did, slap your
> name on it and release it without _ANY_ attribution to the people doing
> most of the work and without even telling anybody about your plans. This
> is FOSS after all, communication is vital and credit the main currency.
>
> Regards,
> Christoph

When I first saw this announcement, I thought, wow there is a lxde sig
and I didn't know. I never saw the email to "gauge interest", though I
could have easily missed it. I wanted to email Rahul about this and ask
how do I join this SIG. I got very busy this week and didn't get to it.

While the announcement seem to indicate this was a "fedora project"
thing (SIG), by this email that does not appear to be the case.

I have allot of interest in LXDE and am now wondering is the LXDE spin a
one man show or are others invited?

TK009