Why do we need FC version attached to the package name?

Simon Andrews simon.andrews at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu Jun 25 11:07:28 UTC 2009

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 06/25/2009 01:37 PM, Simon Andrews wrote:
>
>> 1) All of our servers have to access the internet via a proxy.  At least
>> within the Anaconda UI there doesn't appear to be any support for
>> configuring proxies so I'm forced into kickstart / shells / extra boot
>> options to upgrade?
>
> Do you have a RFE filed on this?

No, because I've never needed this to work since our upgrades are all
done via nfsiso mounts.  One I can boot into the new system I use yum to
get the remaining updates, and the yum proxy support works fine (well
except for BZ#484491).

If all anaconda upgrades are going to be online then I'd also add in the
ability to configure network cards since all of our switches have only
one forced mode (not my choice!) and this isn't detected correctly by
the broadcom ethernet drivers.  Trying to run an upgrade over a
connection configured with the wrong duplex setting would be truly
painful.  Again I have ethtool fixes in place once the new system boots,
but they're not there in anaconda.

Can anaconda handle wireless network connections for upgrades?

Simon.