FESCo meeting summary for 2009-06-26

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 20:26:19 UTC 2009

> 17:32:01 <zodbot> jds2001: #170 (Rename "Desktop" live image to
> "GNOME" live image) - FESCo - Trac -
> https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/170
> 17:32:06 <Kevin_Kofler> This one is my proposal. See the ticket for
> the rationale.

[cut]

> 17:34:03 <Kevin_Kofler> It stops misleading users about the contents
> of the image.
> 17:34:30 <skvidal> Kevin_Kofler: misleading? cmon, 1. it doesn't
> really matter and 2. do you think we're going to take a hit on false
> advertising? :P

It is sad to read the full log and see that your top argument is  "it
doesn't really matter". I would expect more depth and reasoning from a
FESCo member.

It *does* matter; in fact, the current scheme is *disturbing* to some
of us. Even if we were a tiny minority (which I believe we are not),
as a FESCo member you shouldn't ignore us and make such jokes: "false
advertising? :P". Instead, working on to cure the current annoyance
will be appreciated. It doesn't really matter much which path you take
when you are working on it but just... don't ignore. I suggest
reminding yourself that you are a steering committee member and save
your comedy skills for somewhere else.

Today, you lost some points.

Best,
Orcan