Fedora User Certificates

Brad Bell bradbell at seanet.com
Fri Mar 6 14:31:45 UTC 2009

On the web page
    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/UpdatingPackageHowTo
It states that:

"If you update to a new upstream version you have to upload the tarball
to an external lookaside cache. Operations on the lookaside cache
require a client-side certificate, grab it and see instructions for
installing it at <https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/>
    https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/
"

When I go to the accounts page, I cannot find the instructions. I was
able to find a description of what to do at

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-August/msg00962.html

But when I followed those instuctions I got to the point
"Select your existing Certificate and remove it then import the new one
from ~/fedora-browser-cert.p12 you will be able to log in to koji"

I assumed that the file ~/fedora-browser-cert.p12 referred to the link named
    https://admin.fedoraproject.org/ca/crl.pem
below. So I downlaoded this file and tried to select it. But then my
browser (firefox) requested a password
    "Please enter the password that was used to encrypt this certificate
backup.".
I tried a few of my passwords related to fedora, but none of them seemed
to work.

1. Where are the current official instructions for install the
client-side certificate ?
2. Am I using the correct certificate ?
3. Which password should I be entering ?