fedora-devel-announce for ABI/API/soname breakage announcements (was: Re: Plans for tomorrow's (20090306) FESCo meeting)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Mar 6 07:00:20 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 07:03 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Why not simply mail f-d-l as well as all the maintainers of packages
> that are affected (and not fedora-devel-announce!)? A simple command
> line script is able to do that in case MTA's like sendmail or postfix
> are properly configured. That script likely could write a comma
> separated list that people can cut-n-paste to Thunderbird, Kmail and
> other MUA's if needed.

Fedora-devel-list is subscribed to fedora-devel-announce, so anything
sent to f-d-a will also show up on f-d-l.

> Reason: I for one slowly start to get annoyed by the slowly increasing
> traffic on fedora-devel-announce that clutters my inbox. Thus I started
> to consider to move mails from that list into some IMAP folder
> automatically, and that is exactly what we didn't want people to do when
> fedora-devel-announce was created. I think we said something like "less
> then 10 mails a month" back when we created it, but I could not find
> that on a quick google search :-/

Are you finding what is sent there to not be relevant or important to
you as a packager?  I'm the moderator of that list and I don't think
I've sent or let anything through that wasn't useful.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!