Re: fc8, fc9, fc10 rpms in Rawhide ?

On Sat, 2009-03-07 at 15:19 -0500, John Ellson wrote:

> Thats possible.   Is that so?  Can someone confirm that all these are
> blocked by brokenness, and that all will
> be updated to fc11 before release?

The goal for F11 is to have all packages rebuilt.

> Or will fc11 be like fc10 which has many src.rpm from fc6, fc7, fc8, and
> fc9 ?
> Is there a policy about rpms from older distros?

There is no policy.  The only time we attempt to have everything rebuilt
is if there is a technical change that requires it, such as rpm format
change.  Otherwise there is no need to wastefully rebuild packages that
are just content or noarch or otherwise don't need to change between
releases.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!