Re: FESCo Meeting Summary - 2009-03-06

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 11:10:52AM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> So David has stopped being a Fedora volunteer and decided to become an
> Ubuntu user instead:
>
> http://davidnielsen.wordpress.com/2009/03/07/drawing-my-own-conclusion/
>
> I seem to be in a minority, but I think this is a great shame.  We
> should treat volunteers much better.  FESCo shouldn't shoot down
> proposals without telling the owners of those proposals (no matter how
> stupid they think the proposal is, it's courteous to arrange a time
> when that person can be present and state their case).

My impression from his blog post and comments are that it was less
about the incident with FESCo, and more about the pushback he feels
he's getting surrounding his primary interest -- Mono.

Not knowing all the particulars, I can only suggest that if Mono
related projects are truly not as welcome within Fedora, it would make
sense for him to leave for a project that is a bit more in tune with
his interests.

Ray