Re: Password Reset

Kevin Kofler <kevin kofler chello at> writes:
> Why don't we stop requiring these pointless password resets
> altogether?

+1 ... it's a demonstrated fact that forcing periodic password changes
does not improve security.  What it does do is force people to write
down their passwords so they can remember what's current.

The only passwords I can remember are the ones that I *don't* change
routinely.  Guess what, all the rest (including my Fedora one) are
written down.

			regards, tom lane