Re: Password Reset

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 7:01 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath redhat com> wrote:
> So the password reset generally went off without a hitch but a lot of
> people forgot to reset their password or just plain didn't and I'm
> wondering if it's because of where I sent the notifications to so I
> thought I'd ask.  Would you generally like password reset requests to go
> to:
>
> username fedoraproject org (the alias that directs to your email addr)
>
> the email address we have listed
>
> or both?
>
>        -Mike

Mike,
I did receive the requests, however I missed them because of all my
bugzilla and mailing list email (I now filter mail from you with
password so I will not miss it).  Is there a better way to do this
then just email?  One thought I did have was could we have zodbot
message people in IRC when they login to one of the channels is
occupies if the password is up for reset? I know some people dont use
IRC, but I think it could help the vast majority.  Also if the idea is
to detect dead accounts, can we just reset the expiration counter if
they login to fedorapeople fedorahosted cvs or wiki?

--Brennan Ashton