Please fix your bugs in release instead of rawhide!

Nils Philippsen nils at redhat.com
Tue Mar 10 12:26:28 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 08:17 -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 11:37 +0100, Till Maas wrote:
> > On Di März 10 2009, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> >
> > >            Please fix your bugs [1] in the release they were
> > >          filed against instead of just closing them NEXTRELASE!
> > >
> > > I know it sounds slinky to just close everything NEXTRELEASE and I know
> >
> > Currently NEXTRELEASE is used by Bodhi when bugs are closed with updates to
> > stable releases, I guess NEXTREALEASE here means the next release of the
> > package.
>
> No, NEXTRELEASE means the next release of the distribution. The status
> for bugs that are fixed in the same release is ERRATA.

This is how it should be, but bodhi sees it differently and apparently
the decision (by whomever, it escaped my memory right now) is to use
"NEXTRELEASE" for Fedora updates as "ERRATA" is only for RHEL. NOt that
I would follow that logic ;-).

Nils
--
Nils Philippsen      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase
Red Hat               a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty