Re: /var/cache/mock

Paul Howarth wrote:
Bill Crawford wrote:
On Tuesday 10 March 2009 14:18:29 Paul Howarth wrote:

I've spent much of today moving /var/lib/mock/cache to somewhere with
lots of free space, resizing the /var/lib/mock volume down, creating a
new LV for /var/cache/mock using the space I'd just made available and
moving my existing cache data there. I'm not finished yet. I too was
surprised that this was done in a stable release.

Why did you not just re-mount the volume in the new location?

/var/lib/mock/cache has moved but /var/lib/mock (which is where my existing volume was) hasn't. I'm using similar amounts of disk space in /var/lib/mock and /var/cache/mock now, so I had to split the existing volume rather than move it.

I suppose anyone that doesn't want the hassle of this can put:

config_opts['cache_topdir'] = '/var/lib/mock/cache'

in /etc/mock/site-defaults.cfg instead.

Paul.