Re: Please fix your bugs in release instead of rawhide!

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 03:18 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> A note to all Fedora maintainers and especially to the Red Hat people
> who are involved in development every day:
>
>            Please fix your bugs [1] in the release they were
>          filed against instead of just closing them NEXTRELASE!
>
> I know it sounds slinky to just close everything NEXTRELEASE and I know
> I sucks to get reports of bugs you've already fixed. But in 99% of all
> cases it shouldn't be to hard to get the fix also into the stable
> release.

Hm... I am getting confused here. I thought NEXTRELEASE relates to
package release not distro release, whereas RAWHIDE is what is supposed
to be used when fixed in rawhide... At least one of us definitely needs
to be wrong...

But anyway, I got your message and I fully agree with that.

Martin