Fedora 11 Beta Freeze coming

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 23:01:22 UTC 2009

> The Fedora 11 Beta Freeze is coming.  It is scheduled for Tuesday, March
> 10th.  They way we've historically enacted the beta freeze is to tag the
> content in that day's rawhide into the freeze tag.  That is, what gets
> reported as rawhide-20090310 is the frozen content.  As such, your
> builds need to be complete by 0600 UTC March 10 2009 in order to be in
> the Beta, without a special request.
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Beta_Freeze_Policy covers the freeze
> policy.

Hm... I am little confused here. I've finished a leonidas-backgrounds
build [1] at 2009-03-10 7.23 UTC so according to this e-mail it should
not be in beta unless I specifically request inclusion, yet in koji it
has f11-beta tag [2]. Does that mean it has been tagged for beta and
will be in tomorrow's rawhide or am I understanding the koji info wrong
and need to fill the releng request?

Thanks,
Martin