Re: WANTED: Clever solution for Transifex storage

On Mi März 11 2009, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:

> Right now, a stock install of the transifex package
> creates /var/lib/transifex. This directory and everything beneath it is
> currently owned by root:root. What needs to happen is that it needs to
> be read/written by whatever is running Transifex, be that as a
> standalone Django app, via httpd, or some other HTTP server. Frankly, I
> got nothing. Anyone else have any ideas?

The best solution I found for me if I want to rw access a directory with
different users is to use bindfs:

http://code.google.com/p/bindfs/

It allows to bind mount a directory with fuse and presenting different
permissions to different users. It can also ensure that users do not mess the
permissions, e.g. disallowing other users to write to something.

Regards,
Till