Re: Password Reset

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009, Mike McGrath wrote:

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009, Mike McGrath wrote:

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009, Tom Lane wrote:

Jon Masters <jcm redhat com> writes:
On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 22:17 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
Is 4 weeks enough with 5 total emails?  4 week warning, 3 week, 2 week, 1
week, you've been disabled?

I think a month is reasonable. A week is easy to miss, two weeks is a
week plus someone getting back from vacation and missing emails while
they were gone, then drowning as they try to catch up.

Month-long summer vacation is, or at least used to be, common in Europe.
And what of situations that are even a bit unusual, like someone getting
hurt and being in hospital for a month or two?

Two months of notice means you'll be asked to reset your password every 4
months if you stay on top of things.  Is that acceptable?

Actually if we push password resets back to 8 months with a 2 month leway,
that's still no more then notifications every 6 months.

+1 to this.

changes every 8months with a 2month notice sounds good.

-sv