Add [fedora-student-project] keyword to Bugzilla?

Ian Weller ianweller at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 20:10:15 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:56:39PM -0400, Chris Tyler wrote:

> Mozilla has recently added a 'student-project' keyword[0] to their
> bugzilla to identify bugs and RFEs that are good candidates for student
> projects -- they have a moderate scope (not trivial, but doable in a
> month or two), they're not release-blocking, and there is an interest in
> getting them done (the community will help with questions).
>
> I think this is a great idea, and propose we add a similar keyword to
> the Fedora bugzilla (since it's also the Red Hat bugzilla, the keyword
> should probably be 'fedora-student-project'). This would be useful for
> schools seeking student projects[1] and helpful when putting together
> summer coding ideas[2].
>
> What does the list say?

As a student... any possible way to make it much easier to find a quick
task that could be done as a school project or over the summer is great
in my book. Now whether to do it on bugzilla or the wiki is up for
debate, and I think a mix of both is key.

--
Ian Weller <ianweller at gmail.com>                  http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint:  E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226  B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36