Beta Release Notes

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Thu Mar 12 18:45:11 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Todd Zullinger" <tmz at pobox.com>
To: <fedora-devel-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 1:16 PM
Subject: Re: Beta Release Notes

> Any reason that the content that was updated in /Docs/Beats
> doesn't get copied there?  I updated the git info there the
> other day, but it looks like I need to go edit it in the beta
> release notes as well.

The Beta release notes are really intended to only be the highlights and
because of that they are called 'one sheet' release notes.  The GA release
notes are what the beats represent, and they go on and on.  The Development
Tools alone cover many pages this release.  I don't believe the Beta release
notes even get packaged.

The other difference is that the Beta release notes don't get translated.
However, if there are things in beta significant to some audiences (like
git), then it is perfectly fine to simply reference the Beat in the Beta
release notes.

--McD