Please fix your bugs in release instead of rawhide!

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Mar 13 18:49:10 UTC 2009

> The use cases I care about are exactly as I wrote: I need to be able to
> look at a bug report and see what releases it expects. We need to be
> able to set the status of the bug independently for each release it
> affects - it could be WONTFIX for F-9, ASSIGNED for F-10 and FIXED for
> Rawhide. We need to be able to associate it with reports in other bug
> tracking systems, as LP does, and see the status of these other reports
> directly from the Fedora report. And this needs to be searchable (I need
> to be able to search for bugs which are NEW in F-10, and get the right
> results).

Just noticed another nice LP feature in the ext4 bug report someone just
linked to:

"I'm going to mark this bug as "affecting" ecryptfs-utils, but mark it
"invalid", such that search results for users with the same problem
might find themselves here."

Can't do THAT in BZ, either.

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/317781 ,
comment from Dustin Kirkland on 2009-03-07 (on the negative side of the
ledger, LP comments don't appear to be numbered :>). Permalink is
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/317781/comments/57 (so there's the hidden comment number...)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey