Re: /var/cache/mock

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

with today's FC10 mock update, mock has started to use
/var/cache/mock
instead of
/var/lib/mock
as it used to do.

I'm the one who filed this bug report....

This change causes mock to re-populate its caches from scratch, while leaving its old cache untouched.

I have no idea, why this change has been applied mid-life time of a distribution, but users with low bandwidth connections or with many repo-caches active (e.g. me [1]) would have been grateful if this change wasn't applied at this point in time rsp. be done in a less intrusive way.

This bug was affecting people who don't have 1GB of empty storage space in
/var. My machines were filling up /var which in some cases was also /) due
to the large number of updates downloaded by yum in the wrong directory.

So this was not a "feature" that should have been postponed to a new release.
It was actually causing problems for people right now.

Paul