F10 Fresh Vanilla Install with Updates Has Broken NetworkManager

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Sat Mar 14 17:57:51 UTC 2009

"John J. McDonough" <wb8rcr at arrl.net> writes:
> I'm still not convinced NetworkManager is ready for prime time.

NM might be great for laptops, but it's both useless and pernicious in
a static-IP environment.  In both F9 and F10 I've had to turn it off,
and the single most annoying thing about it is *you can't really turn
it off*.  There are pieces of it that keep coming to life anyway ...
eg bz #455825 and the fact that it keeps demanding my VPN password
when I'm not using it to control the VPN.

I would rpm -e it except that that would take out half the system.

			regards, tom lane