F10 Fresh Vanilla Install with Updates Has Broken NetworkManager

Jud Craft craftjml at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 21:28:29 UTC 2009

I'm using the stock F10 install DVD, but with updates enabled during
the install.  That's all there is to it, NetworkManager doesn't work
at first boot.

This is not oversimplification, this is merely all I did.  It's done
this twice now.

Now for something curious regarding libudev0:

It doesn't seem to actually be installed by the stock F10 image.  If I
do a plain install (no updates), NetworkManager works fine.  Running a
"yum update" then pulls down all the updates, as well as "Install
libudev0".

So at some point I suppose NetworkManager picked up a dependency on
libudev0, but for some reason updating during the installation process
doesn't pull this new package in.