Orphaning ruby-rpm

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Mar 17 12:43:39 UTC 2009

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> Is this broken enough that we should block it from F-11 final if no one
> steps forward to fix it?  It seems like pushing a broken binding to the
> release won't accomplish much except confusion and it can always be
> brought back after a new upstream maintainer starts fixing things.

Yes, it definitely needs to be blocked, it has a broken dependency on the
RPM 4.4 librpm and it fails to rebuild against anything newer.

Someone submitted a patch which gets it to build with 4.6 (no idea for 4.7),
but it hacks access to lots of private RPM APIs, so it wasn't
well-received.

        Kevin Kofler