Fedora 11 Beta slip

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Mar 19 20:46:50 UTC 2009

Today we have decided to slip the Beta release by 7 days.  There are a
number of reasons,
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=476774&hide_resolved=1 has gory details, but essentially:

* Late discovered PPC breakage
* LiveCD installation fallout due to anaconda storage rewrite
* More time for anaconda storage rewrite to settle

This is in no means a pointing of fingers, many factors led to the
current state we're in now.  Our task now is to determine the best way
to get a valuable Beta release out to our users with as little effect to
the final release schedule.  As such, Release Engineering in
coordination with QA and maintainers who are working on the above issue
have agreed to enact a 7 day slip.  The final release date will not
change, we will absorb the lost week into the time between beta and
final freeze.

Rawhide freeze will remain in effect.  Only critical changes will be
tagged for the Beta, in order to maximize our changes at fixing the
current issues without introducing new ones.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!