Re: preupgrade F10

Paul W. Frields wrote:
On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 06:21:20PM +0100, Gianluca Sforna wrote:

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 6:06 PM, Gerry Reno <greno verizon net> wrote:

When I try to preupgrade F10 to F11-alpha I don't see any selection for
F11-alpha, only Rawhide.  Shouldn't there be a selection for F11-alpha if I
check off the "show everything" box?  (this is on a test machine).

Beside the technical problem for tracking which versions were present
in the alpha, I don't think there is a point in upgrading to Alpha
given that it will update to latest rawhide at first yum/pk run...

And make sure you update rpm and yum before proceeding with a
pre-upgrade.  Or does pre-upgrade do that first automatically?

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_11_Beta_release_notes#Known_Issues

I think yum should automatically do that for you.  It should first check if new 'rpm' and 'yum' are available and if so upgrade them and then reinvoke itself.

Regards,
Gerry