Re: preupgrade F10

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009, Gerry Reno wrote:

Ok, understand that.  So an update of yum has to be left until the very last moment just before other things that require
it.

So maybe change the first line to:

    if found package that requires new yum or rpm   and   updated yum or updated rpm is available:

That way yum wouldn't update yum/rpm unless something actually required the updated yum/rpm.

My interest was just to make the process as simple as possible.

Here's my other hang up with it.

If the user issued:

yum install zsh

Does it seem right to check for a yum update and/or rpm updates before doing what the user asked?

I think we'd be better served with making this better via dependencies. If you cannot use your current rpm to install the pkgs updates that are available it should fail long before the transaction.

imo.

-sv