Re: preupgrade F10

On Fri, 2009-03-20 at 14:34 -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:

> Here's my other hang up with it.
>
> If the user issued:
>
> yum install zsh
>
> Does it seem right to check for a yum update and/or rpm updates before
> doing what the user asked?

FWIW, Mandriva (which, as I've mentioned, implements this) doesn't do
the check in that case. It only does the check if you do one of the
'automatically update my system' commands, like 'urpmi
--auto-update' (equivalent to 'yum upgrade', pretty much).

Just a note.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey