Re: System Config Tools Cleanup Project - tools to eliminate/replace

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Colin Walters <walters verbum org> wrote:
Sometimes you just want to enter an IP address manually. This
shouldn't be considered some extra special case.

(In Gnome)
System -> Administration -> Network
Select network device -> Edit
'General' tab -> 'Statically Set IP Addresses:'

Worked flawlessly for me when I had to use my laptop as a tftp server to fix my broken openwrt router.

Lyos Gemini Norezel

begin:vcard
fn:Lyos Norezel
n:Norezel;Lyos
org:GBES, LLC
adr:;;;;Ohio;;United States
email;internet:Lyos GeminiNorezel gmail com
title:Computer Repair Technician
note;quoted-printable:"Those who hunt monsters beware, lest they become monsters themselves.Ify=
	ou stare long into the abyss, the abyss stares back into you." --Nietzsch=
	e=0D=0A=
	=0D=0A=
	Mundus Vult Decipi et Decipiatur -- Latin Proverb
version:2.1
end:vcard