rawhide report: 20090325 changes

Alex Lancaster alexl at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 25 19:36:12 UTC 2009

NM> Le Mer 25 mars 2009 11:29, Rawhide Report a écrit :

>> mapnik-0.5.2-0.12.svn780.fc11
>> -----------------------------
>> * Tue Mar 24 2009 Alex Lancaster <alexlan[AT] fedoraproject org> -

>> - Fix font Requires: dejavu-fonts-compat and macro

NM> Why the hell is a dep on this added now? Is the package name,
NM> description, the pages of wiki help and months of repeated bugzilla
NM> tickets and information mails not sufficient to make clear THIS SHOULD
NM> NOT BE DONE?

The broken deps that made mapnik completely uninstallable (it had
"Requires: dejavu-fonts-sans") needed to be fixed quickly for the
f11-beta by rel-eng (because of closed ACLs).  I'm not the primary
maintainer of the package (who is non-responsive) and hence probably
not on the bugzilla tickets.  I wasn't aware that the -compat package
was only temporary.

In any case, I can easily fix this before the final release, the
package ACLs should be opened up before then.

Alex